An incredible panorama takes you to the main landmarks of Punta Arenas
This incredible panorama takes you to the main milestones that marked the growth of the city, from its foundation to the present day. Discover the development of the coal industry and the supply of ships, which crossed the famous Strait of Magellan.
Explore the white gold era, a stage of the great economic development of the city thanks to the boom in livestock farming, the introduction of sheep brought from the Falkland Islands. A sample of that can be seen today touring the historic center of Punta Arenas, the architecture around the Plaza de Armas, where large palaces stand out with exuberant exterior decorative details and fine interior decoration.
The city tour ends with views of the city, where post-modernism is evident along with the immersion of the current urban and social development of the city.
- 10:00 a.m. / 03:00 p.m. – Passenger(s) are picked up at their place of accommodation
- 10:15 a.m. / 03:15 p.m. – The tour starts at Plaza de Armas and historic buildings
- 11:00 a.m. / 04:00 p.m. – Visit to the regional museum Braun Menéndez
- 11:30 a.m. / 04:30 p.m. – Transfer to the Cerro de la Cruz viewpoint, to have panoramic views of the city of Punta Arenas
- 12:00 p.m. / 05:00 p.m. – We will visit Sara Braun cemetery (national monument), considered one of the 10 most beautiful cemeteries in the world
- 12:30 p.m. / 05:30 p.m. – We moved to the monument Ovejero (typical character of Patagonia)
- 01:00 p.m. / 06:00 p.m. – Return along the modern waterfront, with a view of the Strait of Magellan
Optional museum ticket: Maggiorino Borgatello or Nao Victoria
Services not mentioned
What to bring?
- Backpack for personal items (cell phone, cameras, documents, etc.)
- Waterproof jacket
- Trekking shoes or comfortable sneakers
Where can I buy tickets to the Museums?
For the optional visit to the museums not included in the tour, passengers can buy their ticket directly at the entrance gate of each museum. You can check the updated ticket price directly on the website of the Maggiorino Borgatello Museum.
Check the contracting terms of the tour City Tour Punta Arenas.
Full day or half day tour in regular service.
If the passenger does not show up at the times defined for the tour, there will be no refund.
Suspension due to weather conditions: Full refund will be made when the company cancels before starting the service.
During the development of the activity, no refund of money is contemplated, in this case because they are factors external to the company.
If there is compensation for a special situation, it will be agreed with the people, and will be defined by the development of the travel program.
In case the Regional Museum is not operational on the date of the tour, an optional visit to the Marggiorino Borgatello Museum is offered. In this case, the passenger must pay for their entry.
Important: No tour includes accident insurance.
Know our Terms and Conditions.