A full day journey that will make you feel nature in its most natural state
In one of the most remote and pristine places on the planet, a full day journey will make you feel nature in its most natural state. An unmissable adventure where you can enjoy a unique landscape surrounded by mountains, glaciers, and lenga and coihue forests.
The marine life present in the area will not cease to surprise you due to its proximity and abundance: sea lions, petrels, cormorants, southern dolphins, among others. Along the way, you will be able to watch the sunrise over Tierra del Fuego and Fort Bulnes. Also, you will pass through the southernmost point of the American continent, Cabo Froward, where you will see the Cruz de los Mares and then continue to the Francisco Coloane Marine Park.
- 04:00 a.m. – Meeting at the office or Bahía Carrera (km 50 south)
- 05:15 a.m. – Set sail and navigation through the Strait of Magellan
- 07:00 a.m. – Pass through Cape Froward, the southernmost point of the American continent
- 09:00 a.m. – 01:00 p.m. – Navigation in the “Francisco Coloane” Marine Park sector, spotting humpback whales, cormorants, skuas, petrels, albatrosses, sea lions, sea elephants and sometimes groups of orcas
- 01:00 p.m. – Return navigation
- 04:00 p.m. aprox. – Return to Bahía Carrera
Coffee service on board, breakfast and lunch
Bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
Whiskey millennial ice
Transfer to the meeting point
Other services not mentioned
What to bring?
- Backpack for personal items (cell phone, cameras, documents, etc.)
- Warm clothing
- Waterproof jacket
Is whale watching 100% safe?
The rate of sighting of cetaceans in the area of the Francisco Coloane Marine Park is high since the boat stops in a feeding area of the species. Although we can never guarantee the sighting of animals 100%, we cannot forget that they are free and in their natural environment, and if they wish they can avoid approaching our boat and therefore be detected.
Check the contracting terms of the tour Full Day Whales, Penguins and Glaciers.
Full day or half day tour in regular service.
At the time of check in, all passengers must present a VOUCHER from the issuing company or proof of payment for the reservation.
Children from 0 to 3 years old do not pay. Children from 4 to 12 years old pay 50%. Children 13 years and older pay normal rate.
All reservations or blockages must be made in writing, as well as their confirmations and/or cancellations.
Suspension due to weather conditions
Cancellation prior to the trip:
– 100% of the funds paid will be returned to each passenger or agency.
Cancellation during the trip:
– Yes, only the land transfer is carried out to the boarding area. (End of the land route) and in the meantime weather conditions prevent navigation, 10% of the total value of the tour will be retained.
– If the conditions allow sailing and after sailing, the weather worsens, the captain will have the voice of the company, to decide to cancel, safeguarding the integrity of the passengers and return to the disembarkation point. In this situation, the company will return 50% of the amount paid, to cover ground transportation and operational costs.
To override a block free of charge, consider the following:
– Groups: 45 days before the date of entry.
– Individuals: 15 days before the date of admission.