Enjoy spectacular coastal views in the southern tip of Chile
You will travel this path enjoying spectacular coastal views in the southernmost part of Chile, with which you will almost reach the end of the South American continental territory where the strong wind of Patagonia blows to the historic San Isidro Lighthouse, an attraction that stands out for having more than 100 years guiding the navigations.
The trekking to the San Isidro lighthouse, in addition to being simple, has an impressive beauty: the lush and almost impenetrable virgin coigüe forest, the imposing Mount Tarn and the calm waters of the Strait of Magellan, make this trek unforgettable. In addition, in the summer months and with a little luck, it is possible to see dolphins and whales calmly prowling through the strait.
- 08:00/08:30 a.m. – Reception of passengers instead of accommodation and departure to the Punta Arbol sector, located 75 km south of Punta Arenas, where the last 20 kilometers are gravel. Coastal route bordering the Strait of Magellan, with the possibility of seeing marine fauna, depending on the time of year.
- 10:15 a.m. – Start of walk, about 4 kilometers one way along the beach. With observation of flora and fauna along the way and views of Dawson Island and the Darwin Mountain Range.
- 11:45 a.m. – Arrival at San Isidro Lighthouse sector. Time is given to serve your food.
- 12:15/02:00 p.m. – 4 km return walk to Punta Arbol.
- 03:30 p.m. – Arrival in Punta Arenas.
Bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
What to bring?
- Backpack for personal items (cell phone, cameras, documents, etc.)
- Waterproof jacket
- Trekking shoes
What happens in case of suspension due to weather conditions?
A full refund will be made when the company cancels before starting the service, due to adverse weather conditions. During the development of the activity, no refund of money is contemplated; in this case, due to factors external to the company. If there is compensation for a special situation, it will be agreed with the people, and will be defined by the development of the travel program.
Check the contracting terms of the tour Trekking San Isidro Lighthouse.
The places to be visited are subject to change the same day of the tour in case of adverse weather conditions.
The end time of this activity could be modified due to weather conditions, so we recommend that you do not buy tickets to leave Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales until three hours after the scheduled time for return, or leave your trip for the day following after the end of the tour.
If the passenger does not show up at the times defined for the tour, there will be no refund.
Suspension due to weather conditions: Full refund will be made when the company cancels before starting the service.
During the development of the activity, no refund of money is contemplated, in this case because they are factors external to the company.
If there is compensation for a special situation, it will be agreed with the people, and will be defined by the development of the travel program.
Important: No tour includes accident insurance.
Know our Terms and Conditions.